HR Manager - Elyria, OH and Erie, PA Job
Date: Aug 23, 2014
Location: Elyria, OH, US
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Under the direction of the HR Business Partner, the HR Manager will be accountable for providing the full range of Human Resources support for two (2) manufacturing facilities located in Elyria, OH & Erie, PA. This position requires travel between the 2 sites ~25% of the time.
The HR Manager is responsible for the day to day HR management activities at the sites including: Employee Relations, Recruiting & Staffing, Training, Compensation, Policy Interpretation & Implementation, Labor Relations, Organization Development, Talent Management, and Performance Management. In addition, the HR Manager will support and implement corporate related projects, processes and initiatives. As an active member of the site leadership teams, the HR Manager will partner, consult and contribute to site decisions and strategy and translate these strategies into tangible HR priorities while ensuring the sites are in compliance with all applicable laws and BASF policies.
- Interpret and ensure compliance and administration of employment laws and policies such as FLSA, FLMA, EEO, NLRA, Workers Compensation etc.
Recruitment & Selection
- Ensure the development and analysis of organizational demographic forecasts and analysis.
- Develop, implement and manage the recruitment and selection strategy to ensure positions are filled on a timely basis with highly qualified candidates.
Policies & Procedures
- Implement and monitor Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Interpret and ensure compliance to BASF standards.
Training & Career Development
- Coordinate and manage training, development and succession planning activities ensuring appropriate plans are in place for all employees.
- Engage the organization to enable cross developmental opportunities for employees.
- Identify and analyze internal and external trends, determining training needs for the site and translates the requirements into training and development programs.
- Coordinate and integrate the Talent Management process at the site to include detailed analysis of potential talent gaps and development of career plans.
- Anticipate workforce planning / management issues and develop workforce strategies.
- Coordinate and manage the performance management process, ensuring clear communication to the organization, compliance, consistency and objectivity.
- Provides leadership to ensure performance review evaluations are administered fairly and effectively.
Compensation, Benefit & Payroll Administration
- Support, implement and maintain appropriate compensation and benefit processes and programs at the site level.
- Ensure the development of job descriptions, job analysis, analyzing salary surveys to monitor internal equity and market competitiveness.
- Coordinate the process to ensure appropriate approvals and communicate recommended annual salary increase guidelines.
- Collaborates with others in solving work related issues such as job design or organizational structure, giving or obtaining advise, developing and implementing solutions and evaluating results.
- Support the business needs by applying frameworks, methods and tools to align process, structure and people systems.
Employee & Labor Relations
- Provide guidance and direction to managers for issue resolution and improved employee performance.
- Evaluate employee relations and work-related issues and develops appropriate solutions within the framework of BASF policy and procedures.
- Advocates, promotes and effectively manages the site environment, evaluating the site culture and employee relations issues; and ensures that management is aware of and proactively responds to employee engagement issues.
- Coordinates all labor relations activities, counsels and advises managers in labor relations principles and contract administration; monitors grievance handling, and participates at the appropriate level; coordinates planning for contract negotiations and participates in bargaining sessions; assists in preparation for and conduction of arbitration proceedings and manages relationship with union representatives.
HR Information Systems
- Ensures the integrity of the data in the HRIS system and facilitates the use of the system by ensuring that manager and employee information can be retrieved and utilized efficiently.
Projects and Initiatives
- Manage corporate, divisional, business and HR-related projects and initiatives and drive their implementation in alignment with the business strategy.
- Ensure the development of communication plans and facilitate employee communication sessions, as required.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related discipline.
- 8 years of experience as an HR Generalist required
- 3 years experience in a management capacity at a manufacturing facility.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience managing the labor relations function in a unionized manufacturing environment; 5+ years complex labor relations experience preferred
- Experience presenting arbitration cases is required
- Demonstrated ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks including resolving complaints, and counseling managers and employees on the interpretation of policies, procedures and other site issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and progressive principles and practices of human resources management.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive working relationships internally and externally.
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. state and federal laws and governmental compliance requirements. Specific knowledge & experience with Ohio and Pennsylvania state regulations would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, interact and influence with all levels of management including production technicians, staff associates and senior management.
- Strong understanding of business, financial and operational excellence acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and make decisions in a consistent manner.
- Willingness and ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Experience directly managing and leading teams is required.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Elyria
Function: HRES - Human Resources
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NOH-Human Resources
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segment: SAP, Equity, HR, Manager, Information Systems, Technology, Finance, Human Resources, Management