Technical Quality Assurance Manager - Automotive Coatings Job
Date: Sep 16, 2014
Location: Greenville, OH, US
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Purpose of the Job –
- To achieve site goals in the areas of quality assurance, manufacturing technology advancement, productivity and quality improvements. Further achieve the elimination of off-spec material production and cost reduction.
- Manage activities of the site Quality Assurance Laboratory, Quality Systems and Technical group.
- To lead site continuous improvement initiatives.
- Member of the site leadership team.
Principal Responsibilities –
- Associate understands the Environmental and Quality Policies and performs job responsibilities safely by following documented work procedures and instructions, while keeping in mind the Environmental Aspects and their potential impacts.
- Maintain Management Represented employee status and favorable industrial relations with all employees.
- Manage all activities of the site Quality Assurance, Quality Systems and Technical group, including personnel development, new product introduction, off-spec elimination, on time delivery, production support and process improvements, dwell time reductions and testing efficiency.
- Establish and maintain communication processes between site and technical laboratories and between site and field technical representatives.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects throughout all departments.
- Demonstrate commitment to the concept that process safety accidents are not an acceptable part of business. Accept personal responsibility to act according to process safety regulations and company directives. Utilize Management of Change to assure timely communication and training of process related changes to affected personnel. Participate in process safety related compliance audits. Support Process Safety programs through participation in compliance audits, Capital Project Reviews, Regulatory PHAs (Revalidations, Clean-Sheets); and other hazard / risk assessment activities as needed.
Nature and Scope –
Work environment (extent of interaction with Supervisor(s) for approval, concurrence, resolution, etc.):
- This position is autonomous with minimal direct supervision.
- Requires independent thought and decision making.
- Requires strong leadership skills and ability to develop team members with diverse backgrounds and responsibilities.
- Incumbent is member of the Greenville Site Leadership Team.
Business environment (economic or technological conditions dealt with on a regular basis):
- Must be up to date on newest techniques in continuous improvement, problem solving and productivity.
- Must have in depth knowledge of all aspects of business, including technical, quality, operations, safety and logistics.
Internal and external relationships (nature and frequency):
- Constant contact with all levels of personnel, both internally and with customers and suppliers.
- Frequent direct contact with senior management.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Knowledge and Experience –
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Systems.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in management or leadership of teams required.
- The development, manufacture and servicing of automotive resins and coatings highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and motivate exempt and non-exempt associates.
- Working knowledge of various customer application processes.
- Thorough knowledge of ISO14001 Environmental System, Responsible Care Management System, and ISO9001/TS16949 Quality Management Systems.
- Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills and ability to project a positive, confident image to the customer.
- Working knowledge of statistical process control.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Greenville
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-ECN-Coatings Solutions North America
Nearest Major Market: Dayton
Nearest Secondary Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Information Technology, IT Manager, Chemical Research, Technology, Quality, Engineering, Automotive