Senior Chemist/Engineer- Kinetic Modeling Job
Date: Aug 14, 2014
Location: Iselin, NJ, US
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The successful candidate will carry out modeling research on projects related to mobile emissions catalysis and lead modeling efforts in support of heavy-duty diesel customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design of kinetic experiments, kinetic model development, reactor modeling, systems optimization, computer programming, and data analysis and reporting
- Project work
- Supervision of a modeling Ph.D. researcher
- Interaction with other scientists, applications engineers, and business people within the company. External customer interactions will also be required.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Ph.D. in chemical engineering or chemistry with 5+ years of industrial or academic experience in kinetic modeling of heterogeneous catalytic systems, OR a MS degree in chemical engineering or chemistry with 7+ years of industrial or academic experience in kinetic modeling of heterogeneous catalytic systems, OR a BS degree in chemical engineering or chemistry with 10+ years of industrial or academic experience in kinetic modeling of heterogeneous catalytic systems.
- Programming abilities and experience with catalytic reactors are also strongly desired.
- Candidate must have good interpersonal and communication skills and work well in the team environment.
- Candidate must also display initiative and have a strong drive for results.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Function: REDE - Research & Development
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: GCC-Catalysis Research
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Chemist, SAP, Engineer, Scientist, Science, Technology, Engineering, Research