Production Manager Job
Date: Mar 12, 2014
Location: Palmyra, MO, US
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF's Hannibal, Missouri Plant has produced quality insecticides, herbicides, and other chemical products that have helped to feed the world for over 40 years. The Hannibal Plant is a key manufacturing site in the Corporation's Agricultural Solutions Division. Plant operations consist of five active ingredient production facilities, one packaging operation, and a utilities department.
The successful candidate for this position must be a results-oriented leader who can build strong working relationships and function effectively at all levels of the organization, from the shop floor to the senior management team. He or she must be able to think strategically, while maintaining focus on safety, accountability and daily plant operations. Solid technical, interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills are some of the competencies necessary for success in this position.
This position may be assigned to lead any of these departments.
- Direct Management responsibility for Area Supervisors and shift teams across multiple production areas.
- Serves as deputy to the Operations Manager.
- Manage the production staff to operate the department in accordance with all federal, state, and local regulations and all corporate safety/environmental guidelines and standards.
- Conduct incident investigations.
- Monitor key process parameters within the department to ensure optimal process operations and maximum product quality.
- Support the maintenance program to maximize the reliability of the equipment and systems in the department while minimizing maintenance costs.
- Direct the raw material logistics and receipts for the department.
- Lead the shift teams through continuous improvement processess such as 5S, Lean, safety , cost and quality initiatives.
- Coach, counsel, and develop personnel as required.
- Support the OM in budget, control, and reviewing the variable, direct, and capital spending within the department.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related scientific field.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible chemical plant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of chemical industry and OSHA safety, health, and environmental laws, regulations, and standards (including PSM - Process Safety Management).
- Previous supervisory experience and the ability to direct and motivate team members.
- Strong technical skills and background.
- Strong communication, analytical/problem solving, organizational skills, team-building, and team-working skills.
- Masters Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, related scientific field or an MBA.
- Experience in union shops is highly desirable.
- Experience with chemical batch and continuous processes.
- Experience with quality management systems; cost accounting and budgeting; distributive control systems; process optimization; maintenance planning and capital budgeting; scheduling production, raw material forecasting; operator training; and performance management and career development of team members.
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Palmyra
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: APT-Global Operations Crop Protection
Nearest Major Market: Hannibal
Job Segments: Agricultural, Industrial, Engineer, Accounting, Quality Manager, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, Quality