Staff Engineer (Project Manager, Chemical Manufacturing) Job
Date: Dec 15, 2013
Location: Palmyra, MO, US
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Engineering and Maintenance department in Hannibal, Missouri executes capital investment projects for the Hannibal site. The Staff Engineer (Project Manager) is the focal point of responsibility, authority, and accountability of these capital investments. The successful candidate for this position must be a results-oriented leader who can build strong working relationships and function effectively at all levels of the organization. He or she must be able to think strategically to mitigate risks, solve problems and increase value.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Achievement of project objectives which include functionality, cost and schedule for project investments up to $10 Million.
- Maintaining focus on safety in the development of project concept and during execution.
- Providing leadership to the project team which includes engineering, procurement and construction.
- Developing execution and contracting strategies to effectively meet objectives.
- Oversee Change Management process and providing cost and schedule control.
- Ensure compliance with all BASF policies, procedures and technical standards.
- Champion the scope development process to ensure completeness of the basic engineering and looks for opportunities for added value through application of Value Improving Practices.
- Mentoring of less experienced engineers.
***This position is part of a job family. Incumbent will be hired at a level commensurate with their knowledge, skills and abilities.***
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- BS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years of project management or related experience, with at least 10 years engineering experience.
- Proven successful track record of executing large capital projects.
- Outstanding technical, leadership and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of project management processes and project execution best practices.
- Knowledge of SAP system.
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Palmyra
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America
Nearest Major Market: Hannibal
Job Segments: Construction, Project Engineer, Industrial, Manufacturing, Project Manager, Engineering, Technology