Agricultural Biologist - Pine Level Research Farm Job
Date: Mar 6, 2014
Location: Durham, NC, US
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF is seeking an Agricultural Biologist to conduct crop production research. 75% of the research will be carried out at the Pine Level Research Farm in Pine Level, NC. Other work sites in North Carolina will include Cresswell, Andrews and the Holly Springs.
The Biologist will be responsible for:
- establishing trial sites, tilling, planting laying out field trials.
- implementing respective Field Trial protocols on trial sites - including applications, data collection, making careful observations/evaluations of treatment affects, data summarization and presentations.
- working with certain external (ie university and private) collaborators and our Technical Service colleagues on trials, demos and tours.
In 1-2 years, the incumbent will be expected to manage day to day oversight of research trials, interns and general operations.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Masters in Science (MS) Degree in an Agronomy-based discipline.
- Solid experience in small plot research -- including layout, analysis, calibration, spraying, and data collection. (graduate work experience will be considered)
- Good knowledge of US crop production practices, including general agronomy and growing practices of crops.
Practice experience in farm machinery and safe use of equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and personnel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to relocate for future opportunities.
- Demonstrated potential for future development within BASF.
- Good knowledge of Southeast US crop production practices including general agronomy and growing practices of southern crops.
This position is within a job family and will be filled at a level applicable to the incumbent's qualifications.
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Research Triangle Pa
Function: REDE - Research & Development
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: APN-Agricultural Products Division
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segments: Agricultural, Agronomy, Biologist, Scientist, Research, Agriculture, Science