Business Process Manager Job
Date: May 4, 2013
Location: Durham, NC, US
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF - the Chemical Company - consolidated its plant biotechnology activities in BASF Plant Science in 1998. Today, about 800 employees are working to optimize crops for more efficient agriculture, renewable raw materials and healthier nutrition.
We are in search of a Process Governor.
The Process Governor will be globally responsible for business process management within BASF Plant Science. Primarliy the position will be resonspible for: establishing the business process management strategy and implementation plan.
The incumbent that fills this position will have the following responsibilities:
- Build a global team to implement the business process management
- strategy and establish a center of excellence for BPM within the business unit
- Lead the documentation current company processes
- Establish on going process monitoring and optimization
- Define and establish documentation standards
- Lead the effort to ensure IT systems are implemented to support optimized processes
- Lead cross functional teams through process design and optimization.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- PhD in a relevant life science discipline with 5 years experience in process management or continuous improvement
- Masters degree in a relevant life science discipline with 10 years experience in process management or continuous improvement
- Bachelors degree in a relevant life science discipline with 13 years experience in process management or continuous improvement
- Ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- Experience in project management
- Excellent communications and presentation skills to be able to inform and persuade both orally and in writing
- Be a creative, motivated team player with an analytical mindset
- Ability to meet goals and to attain the desired results under time pressure and in a fast changing environment
- Ability to interact effectively across cultures
- Ability to travel (approximately 15 to 20% of working time)
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Certification on Business Process Management, Lean Management, or Project Management
- Experience in agricultural or agricultural biotechnology industry
- Proven competency in team leadership activities to include but not limited to:
- communicating effectively with Executive Management and staff at multiple levels,
- leading a team effort composed of staff with multidisciplinary skill sets
- making decisions that cross organizational lines of business
- Good knowledge of an additional language would be an advantage
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Research Triangle Pa
Function: REDE - Research & Development
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: GB/-BPS Central Functions
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segments: Business Process, Agricultural, Biotech, Manager, Research, Management, Agriculture, Science